Chaos for Java
This software is designed to accompany the author's book
"Exploring Chaos: Theory and Experiment", published by
Documentation on the software, as well as more than 100 student exercises
which employ it, may be found in the book.
However, the software is free for non commercial use without explicit
permission from the author.
All other rights reserved.
Copyright ©1999 by Brian Davies.
Simply press one of the buttons in the Applet, after it has
loaded (as indicated by the progress bar) and a window will pop up after a
short delay. Note that, to provide visual feedback that something is happening,
the button will stay down until after the window is constructed; further clicks
during this time will be ignored.
Bug reports may be sent to
but it is essential to quote all the information in the panel above, ie
- the platform and operating system - displayed top left,
- the virtual machine information - displayed top right,
- the Chaos for Java version - displayed bottom.
- the Browser (including version) or other method of deployment.
- Version 1.0 - June 30, 1999.
Original version released for use with book.
- Version 1.0.1 - August 2, 1999.
Resolves an incompatibility of version 1.0 with Internet Explorer 5 for Windows.
- Version 1.0.2 - September 22, 1999.
Minor bug fixes.